IMCD N.V. is a leading company in sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and ingredients. With a network of offices and warehouses across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, IMCD provides its partners with the best tailored solutions for multi-territory distribution management. Headquartered in Rotterdam, IMCD has a turnover of € 3,365 M in 2020 and employs over 3,000 professionals in more than 50 countries, who provide the best in class expertise for major global manufacturers.
IMCD Nordic with offices in all Nordic countries employs over 110 employees. Our labs and technical sales teams ensure our partners benefit from an in-depth knowledge of products via our international networks.
We provide a very wide portfolio of products for our clients in Finland. Our clients represent nearly every industry: Food & nutrition, coating and construction, plastics, pharma and chemical industry. More information can be found at www.imcd.fi
We are now looking for a Trainee to join our Taste Academy
The 18-month role is set within the Food and Nutrition business and is a training programme for future Flavour Account Managers (FAM’s). The FAM position is a specialist commercial flavour role driving sales of taste products from our leading Food and Nutrition principle: Givaudan. Givaudan are the largest producer of flavours and other food ingredients in the world and rely on IMCD to be their sales and marketing partner for SME’s (Small and Medium- sized Enterprises) in 10 territories within EMEA region.
This role will report to the Taste Category Manager and requires a close working relationship with local flavour teams and other key positions round the business. The fundamentals of the programme include structured training opportunities, responsibility early in the process and a strong support network to drive success. Time will be spent working in different roles such as Applications, Product Management, Collection Management and various positions within the sales process as well as key functions such as finance and HSEQ to gain a deep understanding of the organisation, business processes and the customer. Hands-on experience is complemented by various training modules to maximise the learning opportunities. A key function of the role is to taste flavour and other ingredients in applications including beverage, sweet goods, dairy, bakery and savoury categories.
This position would ideally suit an ambitious, eager to learn Food Science (or similar) graduate, motivated by a career in sales. A passion for food and good tasting skills are essential as well as excellent interpersonal skills and good IT proficiency.
Candidate Personal Skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Be able to taste flavours and other taste contributors in application across beverage, sweet goods, dairy, bakery and savoury categories
- Good communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Works well under pressure
- Works well in a team
- Strong technical background
- Ability to structure thoughts
- Tasting proficiency
- Professional exposure an advantage
- Fluent Finnish and English, IT literacy
- Degree in Food Science or similar
- Develop deep knowledge of IMCD systems, processes and people by working in various positions for a period of time
- Cultivate skills to become an excellent FAM after 18 months through shadowing, mentoring, training and learning through experience
- Become expert on Givaudan’s taste portfolio including flavour technology
- Contribute to the development and growth of the European Taste Category through current priority projects
- Support and drive priority local projects working closely with local colleagues
- Build IMCD network with colleagues in different functions and in different countries
- Work with FAM Academy colleagues in different countries on various group projects
- Develop a good understanding of finance, logistics and systems within IMCD
- Develop tools and techniques to service IMCD customers driving pipeline and win rate of Givaudan products
- Attend external training on sales techniques and presentation skills to develop best in class FAM skills
- Seek opportunities to propose new and better ways of working, share best practices and ensure future growth of the flavour category
We offer you a challenging and interesting possibility to gain knowledge within our highly effective Nordic and International team of professionals.
Do you demonstrate a passion for personal development? Do you recognize yourself in this position?
Operaria Headhunting & Recruitment, Markus Fabricius will be taking care of the recruitment process, and your application is expected to be registered via the link below. If any questions, please contact Markus Fabricius email@example.com or 0400 603327. Due date is June 13th, 2021.